Monday, February 6, 2012

a Silicon Inspiration

I enjoy buying kitchen utensils almost as much as I enjoy buying shoes. 



To make the long story short, with this baking mold, I was thrilled. 
One of my collegues at work (ok, not just a collegue, the absolute working-with-person) bought it for me, just one day after I said I liked it. 
So that I thank and please her, I wanted to make an exeptional recipe. 
Chocolate was the basic ingredient, as always. 

Dozens of recipes passed on my mind. Cakes, brownies, mousses. 
Until it was NYT and a marvellous recipe with Nutella. 



 It's name provoked salivation: Chocolate Hazelnut Panna Cotta
You can follow the link to see the recipe as it was published in NYT, 
or continue reading to make my version, a customised one. 


 9 gelatin leaves, 3 gr. each
80 gr. of chocolate, bitter or milk, finely chopped
300 gr of Nutella
300 gr. cream
1 cup whole milk
seeds of one vanilla stick 


1. In a medium bowl, whisk gelatin with 3 tablespoons cold water. Place chopped chocolate in another medium bowl. In a large bowl, place Nutella.  
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a boil. Pour half the cream over gelatin mixture and whisk gently to combine; add vanilla seeds. Pour remaining cream over chopped chocolate; whisk until smooth. Combine two mixtures; whisk well.
3. Pour one-third of the gelatin-chocolate mixture over Nutella; beat using an electric mixer on low speed until a smooth paste forms. Pour in remaining mixture and milk; beat until fully combined.

4. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into the mold. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator until set, about six hours or overnight. 


Chop, melt, boil, mix, whisk, freeze, unmold and share the ones you love. 

2 comments:

  1. Καλά τέλειο;;; Τέλεια η φόρμα, τέλεια η συνταγή!
    Επίσης θα ήθελα κι εγώ να έχω μια τέτοια συνάδερφο!! Φιλάκια πολλά!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Αυτό ίσως κάνει πολύ ωραία σιναμον μπεικντ σταφ. Και στην τελική ποτέ θα μου κάνεις σιναμον ρολς;

    ReplyDelete